The Territorial Army ( TA) offers gainfully employed young men an opportunity of donning the uniform & serving the nation. Based on the concept of enabling motivated young men to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions. You can serve the nation in two capacities- as a civilian and as a soldier. No other option allows you such an expanse of experiences.
Are you Interested in the challenge ?
Only male citizens of India and Ex- Service Officers who are medically fit.
Age:- 18 to 42 years as on 31.12.2011.
Qualification- Graduate from any recognized university.
Employment-Gainfully employed in Central Govt./ Pvt.Firm/ Own business.
Terms and conditions of Service:
- Commission is granted in the rank of lieutenant.
- Pay & Allowances & privileges will be same as regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
- Promotions up to Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria.Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
- Officers commissioned in TA Infantry may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on requirement.
Embodiment for training :
- One month basic training in the first year of commission.
- Two months annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months Post Commissioning training within first two years at IMA Dehradun.
Note:- For all other relevant details , please visit the website: www.indianarmy.nic.in Last date for receipt of application is 31.12.2011